Thursday, 3 December 2015

Book Cover and Purses

I thought I'd get my sewing machine out last week and make a few things with offcuts, samples and test pieces. The first thing I made was a large notebook/diary cover. The main part only took a couple of hours, but then all the little fiddly bits, straps, flaps, attaching them and sleeves etc all seemed to take about another 4 once it was all added up. I got through quite a few cd albums making it anyway! This is the front with the clip closed:

This is the front with the clip opened:

 This is the back:

And this is one of the inside sleeves:

I don't know if you remember this piece I made earlier this year, testing out a piece of viscose scarf:

I thought it would make a perfect coin purse. I measured it, cut out the parts and then chose some embroidery threads:

Another felt piece I cut up for a purse was a flowery sample I made years ago for Beyond Nuno:

Choosing More threads:

It all started getting a bit hectic once I got the buttons out too :)

I haven't finished the pale turquoisey viscose purse yet, I couldn't find the perfect button. I think I need to buy a few more :)