Before I discovered wet felting, I used to do a lot of painting. This is one of my favourite acrylics from 2007:
I decided to try and do a wet felted version of it. I did a couple of layers of Merino tops in a simplified palette of colours, then used some bamboo skewers to split the painting and felt piece into quarters as a guide for adding more detail for the 3rd layer.
I had pretty much all my colours of Merino out for this.
This is the finished layout:
All the wool put away and 'tidy' :)
I took it outside to felt it:
I had an audience:
I put it on the washing line to dry. I usually stand the painting up on its end (right end), and while I was felting, some of the wool must have gotten nudged and I started to neaten it up, but thought it would look quite cool and like it was dripping if I left the wavy edges. They neatened themselves up a bit while I was fulling though, but still looks pretty good.
Finishing The Dance for Stanley
1 day ago