I've made a few new felt book covers, recently. First, I made a large seascape in felt:
Then I made it into an A5 bookcover. This is the front:
And the back:
I had a look through my already made felt pieces and found one from a Felting and Fiber Studio challenge which I thought would make a nice A6 cover, so I cut that out:
There's quite a lot of viscose on the orangey yellow part so it has a nice sheen. This is the front:
Not quite so obvious in the photos is the texture near the bottom with silk noil and some cotton fibres. I think I used some dyed cotton nepps too. This is the back:
I'd been making this next notebook cover since January! I had a big clear up and tidied my offcuts, which led to planning the cover. I then sewed some of it in March, and finally finished it last week. Either can be the front or back, so this is side 1:
And side 2:
I used some hand dyed muslin for a backing/lining:
This is how it looks with the front and back opened out:
I still have my offcuts out and plan to make some collage shoulder bags, next.
The Big Textile Show 2018…..
16 hours ago