I’ve been trying hard with Ruth’s Daily Dose of Fiber challenge, but so far that mostly consists of me rewriting the same list each day :) I have managed to complete a few projects recently though. The first one was a small shoulder bag I started a while ago when I was using my felt offcuts. I think these kinds of bags are known as ‘passport bags’, it’s big enough to fit a camera and coin purse in. I had some nice fabric that I salvaged from a worn out camera bag, so I used this on the inside flap. It might look familiar because I took photos of the magnetic closures for a post not so long ago.
Once it was all sewn up, I finished around the edges with blanket stitch
in the same maroon colour I’d used for sewing. Another project I
finished recently was a felt placemat. I made the felt sometime last
year and used a piece to make a mirror case, and cut out the placemat,
but I never got around to blanket stitching the edges, so one day last
week when there was about 30 minutes of light, I finished it off.
The last project I managed to complete this week was a set of two
coasters for by the kettle. I used a plain piece of felt and cut an 11 x
7 inch rectangle, and a square roughly 6 x 6 inches. I zig-zag stitched
around the edges then did random straight stitching, first one way,
then the other. This thickened up the felt and because I wasn’t aiming
for neatness, I didn’t need to concentrate hard or strain my eyes :)
Eating - Near and Dear to My Heart
35 minutes ago