Before the black Merino and multi fibre notebook cover I made recently, I'd started to make a greeny blue one for a diary. The first batt I was happy with on my drum carder was blues and greens so I used this for the top layer. As well as Merino, I added some texturey Icelandic wool, and locks of Bluefaced Leicester and Wensleydale that I dyed a few years. I added lots of surface embellishments: silk fabric, cotton gauze, organza, silk top, silk throwster's waste, some synthetic curly fibres and some more of the dyed texturey, curly wools.
It was too large to get a decent clear 'after felting' photo, but this is almost all of it:
This notebook took even longer than the black one as it was the first one I'd made like this, using felt off cuts for the straps and hand sewing all around the edges:
I machine stitched the smaller strip onto the wide closure strip.
And I machine stitched the two pieces onto the back.
But I finished all the edges with blanket stitch.
I kept the natural edge of the felt for the inside front flap, I like the little detail of pink and yellow on the silk at the top.
Making of natural dyed tunic sets 天然植物印染襯衣製作
12 hours ago