Wednesday 2 August 2017

Project Updates

I promised photos of the blue/green bag I was in the process of making, though it really doesn't look too much different to the separate panels :) This is the front, or more blue side:


This is the more green side:


 I also made a smaller bag with some of the green pieces. Side 1:


 Side 2:


I've only got as far as making the last of my nuno strip pieces into panels for a bag. It was this yellow piece:


I used various types of fabric–cotton, viscose, silk, suspected silk, so got various textures:


I liked these two strips next to each other, they showed the very different way felting/shrinkage affected them:


I used some of the spare offcuts from the orange piece to make up the panels:


 I showed some half finished purses not so long ago. I finally finished all the blanket stitching and buttons/buttonholes:


I also had some others I was at various stages with, and finished those too:

It's nice to have a growing pile of finished projects instead of a growing pile of felt pieces waiting for the inspiration (and energy!) to make them in to something!

2 comments:

  1. You've been really productive lately! Such lovely pieces too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing what you can achieve sitting down! It's funny that I can make a pile of felt pieces, and not feel productive, but as soon as they are made into something, it feels like I accomplished a lot :)

      Delete