Sunday, 22 July 2018

Felt Bookcovers

I've made a few new felt book covers, recently. First, I made a large seascape in felt:


Then I made it into an A5 bookcover. This is the front:


And the back:


I had a look through my already made felt pieces and found one from a Felting and Fiber Studio challenge which I thought would make a nice A6 cover, so I cut that out:


There's quite a lot of viscose on the orangey yellow part so it has a nice sheen. This is the front:


Not quite so obvious in the photos is the texture near the bottom with silk noil and some cotton fibres. I think I used some dyed cotton nepps too. This is the back:


I'd been making this next notebook cover since January! I had a big clear up and tidied my offcuts, which led to planning the cover. I then sewed some of it in March, and finally finished it last week. Either can be the front or back, so this is side 1:


And side 2:


I used some hand dyed muslin for a backing/lining:


This is how it looks with the front and back opened out:


I still have my offcuts out and plan to make some collage shoulder bags, next.

2 comments:

  1. There can be no doubt - you ARE the journal cover queen! They are all (past and present) beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful!! hugzzz....peebee

    ReplyDelete